So I realized that there is so much to see here in the Annapolis area (which to me includes DC & Baltimore and other surrounding areas as well) that I better start a bucket list to start to work on. It's not like we are going to live here permanently (and who knows how long we will actually be here... a little less than 2.5 years left on the orders but could be more could be less - who knows!?) so I figure the sooner I get started the better. It's a random assortment that includes things to see as well as places to eat/drink.
I figured I'd blog about it so you (my dear friends and readers) can help me out with anything I may have missed!
- National Zoo
- Portrait Gallery - Done Once and I think that's enough for me
- White House at Christmas (the inside)
- See something at the Kennedy Center - Saw Book of Mormon - can you say HILARIOUS!
- See the Bureau of Engraving & Printing
- Holocaust Museum
- Stay at the Intercontinental Willard Hotel - COMPLETE! It's amazing!
- Tour Mount Vernon - Complete. It was good to go but once is definitely enough
- Dinner at 1789 - For our Anniversary!
- Cupcake from Georgetown Cupcakes or Baked & Wired (The cupcake from Baked & Wired were delisious! I am calling this item complete but if I happened to be near Georgetown Cupcakes of course I'd have to grab one of those too!) Oh wait I was by Georgetown Cupcakes and did grab a few of those and have to say I was disappointed. Give me Baked & Wired any day over Georgetown Cupcakes! COMPLETE!
- See the Cherry Blossoms COMPLETE!
- Dinner & Beers at ChurchKey Okay technically it was lunch but it was DELISH! I highly recommend this! COMPLETELY!
(Things I've seen: The Capitol, Air & Space, pretty much all the monuments, National Archives, Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Nationals Game, Old Town, National Harbor)
- Maryland Blue Crabs Game _ went to Bark in the Park and it was such fun!
- Travel to Rohoboth Beach & go to Dogfish Head
- Aberdeen Ironbirds Game
- Potomac Nationals Game
- Frederick Keys Game - (Great game! Great Park! Fun Fans!) COMPLETE!
- Fly to Tangier Island and have crab dip at Lorraines
- Go to Philly and have cheesesteak with Marissa
- Jersey Shore - Visit Nan!
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Game
- Atlantic City - Headed there for the Tonic Concert in early May COMPLETE!
- Take the Train to NYC - COMPLETE! Love the convenience!
- Flying Dog Brewery in Frederick Maryland (Great brewery! Love the philosophy and the beer!) COMPLETE!
- Hershey Park in all it's Summer Glory :)
- Yankee Stadium
- Tour Port City Brewery - Loved the beer!
(Things we've done: Bowie Baysox Game)
- Union Craft Brewing
- Dinner at Brewer's Art
- Tour Heavy Seas Brewery
(Things we've done there: Aquarium, Orioles game)
- Herndon Climb - COMPLETE! Talk about an interesting & entertaining tradition
- Golf at USNA course - COMPLETE! (I was absolutely awful but it was fun!)
- Croquet Match with Saint Johns COMPLETE! And to say it was epic is an understatement!
- I-Ball COMPLETE Had a blast!
I am sure there is a heck of a lot that I am missing but this is my start... I'll add to the list as I think of them. If any of you have suggestions I welcome them!!