Saturday, August 31, 2013

Baseball Parks...

I mean in all seriousness the following statement....
      If I were to win the lotto one of the things I would absolutely do is go to every Major League Baseball Park in America (and many of the Minor League ones too)! 

I suppose that's part of the flip comment I frequently make about how Ken married me for beer & baseball :) 

What can I say - I love baseball and so does Ken! So much so that we got engaged at a Spring Training baseball game and ever since have been trying to visit as many parks as we can! One of the beauties of our time here in Annapolis is that there are so many Minor League Parks in the area for us to checkout... I suspect there will be a lot of days where I may kidnap Ken and drag him off to a game for an evening! (Currently I am hoping the weather is good on Monday because if it is we are going to take Guinness to Bark in the Park at the Waldorf Blue Crabs game.)

We want to see all the baseball parks together so our ground rule (different than a ground rule double!) is if we haven't seen it together it doesn't count on the list of parks that we have been to. 

So here's the rundown of what we've seen.

MAJOR LEAGUE STADIUMS
Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs)
Old Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium (Old Mets Stadium)
Citi Field (Mets New Stadium)
Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles)
Cellular Field (I still call it Comiskey! Chicago White Sox)
Citizens Bank Park (Phillies Stadium)
Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks)
Progressive Field (Cleveland Indians)
Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros)
Nationals Park (Washington Nationals)

MINOR LEAGUE STADIUMS
Norfolk Tide
Bowie Baysox
Frederick Keys
Toledo Mudhens
Portland Sea Dogs
Pensacola Blue Wahoos

... I think I've got them all that we've been to together... hope I didn't miss any..

We've been to a whole bunch of Spring Training Games in Arizona and Florida too as well as 2 different stadiums in Japan but I won't bore you with all those listed :)

Here's a great link to a map of all the baseball parks
http://www.milb.com/milb/info/geographical.jsp



We didn't make it to quite as many this year as we had hoped (stuff just got in the way) so we are already promising to make a better effort next year. Gotta check off those East Coast parks while we're living here! 

Batter Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment