Sunday, October 16, 2011

Guinness Picture of the Week (October 16, 2011).... Mmmmmmm.... Cupcake

Since I was a slacker and didn't post a Guinnes Picture last week I"ll give you several today!
People sometimes say that dogs and people start to take on traits of one another... well here some support of that apparently. I am a major cupcake lover. I find them generally to be an ideal size treat especially since I am a HUGE frosting and sprinkles fan! When I travel I frequently try to bring Guinness something back with me. In the past I have brought him many of the fancy frosted dog cookies which are of course covered in "frosting" and sprinkles. Well to my surprise he has not been a fan of those :( However what I have found that he LOVES is the doggie cupcake from Sprinkles. Since I was in the area of Sprinkles the other day I decided to stop in and get him a treat. Well that plus the fact that if you "Like" the Sprinkles page on Facebook they will frequently post something that says along the lines of "The first 50 people to walk in and say 'X' will get a free 'X' cupcake." Since free is my favorite price and I was in the area I was all over the post this day. I do have to say I am underwhelmed by Sprinkles... the cupcake are frankly far from fantastic. Then again I feel the same way about Crave and more recently Rise here in Friendswood. Frankly New York does such a better job of cupcakes with Crumbs, Magnolia Bakery and Backed by Melissa. It's probably good that those aren't available here or I would be 400 pounds. But props to Sprinkles from Guinness because they are the only ones to bake a doggie version and he is a big fan!





1 comment: